I have completed the pink cotton/ribbon duffel that I made for my lovely daughter. While this was not the most exciting or challenging project to knit, I did working with the Peaches & Creme, and I got satisfaction out of combining a few patterns and techniques to make this the first project I kind of designed myself. I made eyelets and sewed down a tube through which to thread them, using the instructions for "Folded or Hemmed Neckbands" in The Knitter's Book of Finishing Techniques. I then made a 56-inch long I-cord and threaded it through, then sewed the ends of the I-cord to the base of the bag to give it straps like a backpack.
Here are some images of it:
And here's a closeup of the drawstring area:
I have a whole POUND of the Peaches & Creme left, because I had no idea how much I was going to use and ordered two cones! I may try to destash it (if anyone is interested, let me know in comments...) or I may save it for some holiday gifts I'm planning to make: washcloths, bath sachets, that type of thing.
Now comes the fun part: casting on for something new! I am finally going to use the Great Adirondack Silk Noir that I bought last summer at Rosie's in Philadelphia. I was originally going to make Rosie's own Half Pi Shawl, but have since decided that I will try the Fiber Trends Landscape Shawl--I am not really a shawl-wearer, but I think I will like this one and it will show off the yarn nicely.
On to swatching!