Wednesday, July 04, 2007


I finally finished the BonBon Tank! This pattern really gave me I've reported, I had to rip it out and restart it twice because somehow my gauge was off..this yarn is very stretchy and somewhat temperamental (breaks easily, etc.)

Then, the yarn started pooling badly, so I ripped back again and alternated between two different balls. That worked out much better.

And finally, when I knit the armbands/straps, they were huge and weirdly shaped, so I ripped them out and finally figured out how to make this thing fit. Thankfully, I got to this stage last night and since today was a midweek, overcast Fourth of July, we spent it catching up on movies on TV so I could rip and redo, rip and redo several times before I finally settled on an acceptable strap length and width across the chest and back. I think I will enjoy wearing it, but it was not an enjoyable knit.

The one redeeming feature of this pattern is that there's no sewing together!

Now I am able to swatch for the Gatsby Girl Pullover..the Rowan Cashsoft DK feels luscious!


Deb for Fearless Fibers said...

I'm glad it all worked out alright in the end. I soooo feel your pain! :)

Riggwelter said...

cool colours, glad you worked it out in the end.