Friday, August 17, 2007

Tag, You're It!

Yesterday my Dish Rag Tag box arrived from my teammate, Missy. She sent me an adorable, bright dishcloth that looked like it was knitted in an entrelac design. She also included two balls of Sugar'n Cream Dishcloth Cotton, which I promptly cast on for the Mason Dixon BallBand Dishcloth. I finished it in about an hour, while catching up on the knitting Podcasts that had built up in my iTunes folder while I was on vacation.
Today the box with my dishcloth and a few goodies will be on its way to the next teammate on our list, Amanda. Good luck, Amanda!


I am also in the home stretch (down to the toe decreases) on my current Ridged Feather Pattern sock, and my DH has agreed that he would like some socks--yay! I have 2 different skeins of Socks That Rock Medium Weight--a Rare Gems skein in hues of rust, and the Monsoon colorway that was this year's first Sock Club offering. I'll measure his foot this weekend and work with him on choosing a pattern and one of these skeins (which I hope will be enough for a pair of men's socks!) I'm looking forward to this project.

And finally, I've finished the back of Gatsby Girl and cast on the front. I hope it fits, it looks like it will, but as it has negative ease for a close fit, it will be hard to tell until I actually put it over my head, I think. Given the rate at which I've been knitting it, that will be awhile.

No comments: