Sunday, October 14, 2007

Persevering

Not much to report this week.
I was supposed to have gone to Stitches East with a knitting group pal, but a work meeting got in the way. Considering I haven't used a lot of the stash I bought at last year's Stitches, I was actually OK about it. To appease myself, I went to Knit New York just before my meeting, sat and had a cool drink and knit on my Gatsby Girl for awhile. I also picked up the new Interweave Knits Holiday Gifts issue, because I've been reading and hearing that there are some great patterns in it. I also love the holiday gifts for knitters they describe--I want them ALL!

Next weekend might have been my opportunity to go to Rhinebeck, but alas, I don't think that will happen either. I have a couple of commitments at home that are going to prevent me from going. I may take a yarn shop detour near where I have to be on Saturday, I'll keep you posted! Mark my words, one of these years I'm going to get there!

In the meantime, I'm making good progress on Gatsby Girl and also on Branching Out, my ISE5 scarf project. I had one scary moment where I laid out the scarf to measure it, and saw that I had dropped a stitch about 4 INCHES BACK with no visible way to save it...yes, I had to rip back that intricate lace, but all seems to be well now. So being deprived of yarn events is at least allowing me to get my WIPs to the next stage...

No comments: