Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Just About FO!


I have finished all of the knitting on the ChildHood baby sweater for my cousin's yet-to-be-born little one. I LOVE how this came out--I have also picked out a couple of different button choices which I will decide upon once I know the baby's gender in August. I continue to absolutely love working with Rowan All Seasons Cotton, and this pattern was a lot of fun to knit, even if the striping with two sleeves at once did get a bit tangly; this yarn untangles beautifully. I think this is the fourth garment I've made with this yarn and other than the fact that it's difficult to keep the ends tucked in, I would use it a million times more!

I am also getting much more comfortable with seaming, and though my seams still come out a bit thick, they are neat and straight and invisible on the outside, so I think--unless crocheting is involved--I can pretty much put my own projects together now no problem.

So now I'm down to just my Saucy Socks and a newly cast-on item, the Clementine Shawlette from Interweave's Spring 2007 issue. I am using the 2/3 skein of Tilli Tomas Rock Star that I have left from my ruffly purse, along with a coordinating skein of Tilli Tomas Pure & Simple. I wasn't sure about knitting the little tabs that are at the ends of this shawlette, but I decided it's part of the "look" of the pattern, so I'm going for it as written. I hope I end up liking and wearing this shawlette; I agonized over doing this versus a scarf, but I think the yarn is special enough that I needed to make something elegant...this should fit the bill. I'll keep you posted!

No comments: