Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Doing My Part for Our Economy

My sister and I went to Stitches East last week--it is the last time this event is going to be held in Baltimore, which is near where she lives and a modest train ride for me. We had skipped last year, and decided we both needed a fun sister day. Even though my stash was in no need of replenishing, I wanted to make sure I bought from some of my favorite vendors whose wares can only be found at fiber shows. These include Brooks Farm, where I bought 3 luscious skeins of Mas Acero, a light worsted that I will use for one of the many shawls I'm planning. The other vendor I wanted to make sure to visit was Tess Yarns, where I got 2 more balls of the microfiber ribbon that has gotten such raves in the tank I made a few years ago. This is a pretty blue/green/purple variegated that I will use for another tank. I stayed up late winding it the other night--that's the one drawback of this slippery ribbon, it is a BEAR to wind!! But now it's in two neat little balls, waiting for me to get through a few of the other projects I got.
The first item I cast on from my purchases is the Tai Chi cardigan from Twisted Sisters, purchased at the boot of Great Yarns of Everett, WA--this booth has the most exquisite collection of sweaters and other garments that I've seen. I could have made just about everything they had on display. I'd love to visit their store in person one day!
Among a few other projects, I also got some gorgeous fused glass buttons from Bonnie Maresh Glass Buttons, a vendor from whom I've bought before. My Talia vest is now complete and the buttons really make the finished object look fantastic.
I also had some time over the weekend to organize and catalogue my stash on Ravelry. Now I will enter yarn purchases into my Ravelry stash as I buy them. The closet is a bit daunting, but I did my part to prime the pump of our ailing economy and got some gorgeous yarns that make me very happy. Now if only I had more time to knit!

1 comment:

Terrye said...

Love the vest, the cables etc, really stand out with the gray!

Terrye
http://knitting.craftgossip.com