Saturday, June 13, 2009
I finished the Mitered Tank Top with over a week to spare before my son's Middle School Graduation. After much ripping--I became obsessed with having even stitches, and working in a yarn that is not wool really challenges me on achieving that even texture--I am very happy with the finished product. Light spritz blocking also evened out the stitches beautifully, so I'll have to keep that in mind for future projects. The top fits like a glove, and I think it will stretch, so I did very minimal blocking.
The Panda Silk DK ended up being so soft and was very nice for seaming. Just a bit challenging for a nice, even tension, and it was a bit splitty.
Before I start my next "main" project, I am going to finish one Solstice Slip sock. I figure if I do at least one sock in between bigger projects, since I'm not so good at the simultaneous sock knitting anymore, I will eventually get through my large sock stash.
Next up for "main" project: another tank, this time with my yummy Tess Microfiber Ribbon, purchased at Stitches East last fall. I'll probably do the pattern that they gave me with the ribbon, a scoop neck tank that can be worn with the scoop in front or back. More to come!