Thursday, October 15, 2009

Mittens!


As I mentioned in my last post, the timing of the finishing of my Clapotis (which has come in very handy in my cold office during this unseasonably cold snap!) coincided with my receiving a notice about the Youth Campaign for Afghans for Afghans.

So, these mittens, straight out of Ann Budd's Handy Book of Patterns, became my next project, and I finished them in 3 nights. The Noro will be nice and warm and they fit pretty well on my 14-year-old son. The colors are vibrant and interesting. I will now continue to knit for Afghans for Afghans--on this, the coldest night of the year so far on the East Coast, it feels good to be contributing something warm for a child who has so little.

Next up: back to work on my Spring Forward Socks, and a baby sweater for my cousin's soon-to-be-born baby!

No comments: