Finished two projects this weekend while hubby was out of town!
First, my LAST pair of fingerless mitts for one of my daughter's friends. I have now made 10 pair of fingerless mitts for this lovely bunch of new drivers. I hope they all think of me and my wishes for their safety when they continue to wear them next winter.
These last two pairs (for a set of twins) were the Maine Morning Mitts from The Knitter's Book of Yarn, knit from leftover Malabrigo Worsted. I love this stuff! I now have bits left in three colors of Mal worsted, but I know EXACTLY how many yards of each thanks to my nifty new Eat Smart Precision Pro Kitchen Scale! I had been wanting one of these for some time, but when Clara Parkes wrote about hers in Knitter's Review a few weeks ago, I just clicked on the link and ordered it from amazon.com. It is really helpful to know how many yards of yarn I have left for planning stash projects. I know it will also come in handy in dividing sock yarn as I make more toe-up socks. And, I used it today to weigh a letter to determine whether it needed a second stamp (it did).
I also finished the Two-Toned Shell from Vogue Knitting. After much angst about how it would fit, I think (it is blocking as we speak) it will fit perfectly. And, as with most of the cotton projects I've made, it really smoothed out from a nice blocking. Here it is on the blocking board; I hope to be able to try it on later this week.
Next up--I will cast on for the Lotus Blossom Tank from an older issue of Interweave. I'll be using some KnitPicks CotLIn leftover from the sweater my mom knit and I put together for her about a month ago. I swatched tonight and figured out that some of my KnitPicks Options needles were in the wrong sleeves and I had swatched with needles that were too big! I think I have them all straightened out now and will cast on with #5's by tomorrow.