Wednesday, June 09, 2010
Lotus Blossom-Challenging, but Lovely!
I finished the Lotus Blossom Tank a couple of nights ago. Just like the Two-Toned Shell that preceded it, this was knit from the bottom up in one piece up to the armhole. This one had a lovely lace pattern (which made me want to knit more lace!) up to the empire waist, so it was even harder to determine fit--how much would this stretch? Would my gauge change much after blocking in the somewhat fiddly KnitPicks CotLin?
Well, I'm hear to tell you that after a neurotic amount of measuring, consulting Ravelry (particularly LicketyKnit, who seems to be the go-to Raveler in terms of having made the most favored changes to this garment), and crossing my fingers, this top fits perfectly!!! It is really beautiful. I'm looking forward to wearing my two new shells as the summer gets under way. For once, my timing is right!
Next up--I think I'll finish my Salish Sea sock #1 and start #2, swatch and cast on for the February Lady Sweater, and wind yarn for the Citron shawl, which I plan on taking on vacation in July. I will also try to get back to my Cable Comfort Throw, which I started over a year ago and abandoned for a long while.