Sunday, January 01, 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to everyone! I thought I'd do a little recap of 2011 and make a few knitting resolutions for the coming year.
In 2011, I completed several projects of varying types, including 3 pair of socks (one long pair of boot socks for my daughter), one large afghan, my first argyle project--a vest for my son, several scarves and cowls, and many, many hats and headbands for my fledgling Etsy shop/school fundraising business. I am currently in the midst of knitting as many hats and headbands in my son's school colors as I possibly can before a January 14th fundraising event. I'm not sure that I like putting my own projects aside to do so many hats and headbands exclusively, but I don't think I will have to do that once I get this stockpile done. The only chance that I would have to keep up at this pace would be if lots of people want these items on the 14th, I sell everything I've got at the event and I end up taking orders to make after the event. After that, though, I should be free for my own pursuits and then whatever I sell on Etsy.

I have really enjoyed beginning to learn about knitting as a business. I would still love to find a way to make it work, but so far I can't see this being a realistic only source of income. I do love seeing my daughter's friends in their earflap hats and getting their wonderful notes and hugs of thanks for these ear-warming goodies!

Along with my current hat on the needles, I'm enjoing the Gap-tastic Cowl made of Malabrigo Chunky in the spectacular Velvet Grapes colorway. Hope to get back to some of my languishing projects (started in the summer) soon.

Wishing everyone a joyous, healthy New Year filled with happiness, peace, love and all that you wish for.

No comments: