Sunday, January 25, 2015

Cocooning with Knitting and the Slow Cooker

It sounds like we will be getting a substantial amount of snow here in NJ tomorrow night into Tuesday. While I work from home so I can do my job regardless of the storm, the forecast has motivated me to stock up on comfort food and start some cozy knitting projects.

We bought a slow cooker last winter and I have fallen in love with it. There are so many healthy recipes and it's so easy! Even for someone who is not a great cook (me), I can make delicious meals that cook while I'm working upstairs all day. Last week I made a favorite, Soy & Lime Chicken Wings,
and today I picked up a Pork Shoulder to make this Slow Cooker Pork Roast. I think it's going to be delicious!

As for knitting, I did start working on the Shalom Cardigan using the "mystery" yarn I blogged about last week. The yarn feels great and I think this is going to knit up quickly. It's fairly mindless so I can take it with me to my book group this week (unless, of course, we are snowed out). But for my business trip to Chicago this coming weekend, I think I'll take my Monkey Socks, which have been on my needles for ages as a back-up project. It would be nice to have another pair of socks to rotate in to my sock drawer during these cold, snowy days!

No comments: