Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Ribbon Tank is Now a Finished Object!


I finished the Ribbon Tank pictured below. It fits like a glove! The ribbon has a lot of "give" in it and I love the way it feels. After sweating out whether or not I would have enough, I have almost a full ball of the variegated rainbow-colored ribbon left. I've contacted Tess Yarns to see what else I can make with this luscious ribbon.
My next project is a Baby Sweater for the woman who has been cutting my hair for 10 years. She is a knitter now too! I'm using a soft and pretty yellow variegated yarn, Zarella, from Filatura Di Crosa/Tahki Stacy Charles. It's about 50/50, wool and acrylic, so it will hold up to a baby's wear and tear. It's knitted from the top down in one piece so the finishing is minimal.
I am also going to teach a friend to knit! Now I can see how I do with the whole teaching thing...

No comments: