Friday, May 12, 2006

Unravelled

I had mentioned that I was traveling to Las Vegas on business and was planning to visit GailKnits there. I was all set to head over to the shop by taxi, when the taxi dispatcher at my hotel told me that it was at least $30-35 each way by cab to get there! Not to mention what I would likely spend at the store...I reluctantly decided not to go.
On my way home on the plane, I worked on my beautiful Embossed Leaves Socks, from the Winter 2005 Interweave Knits. However, the yarn I am using, (Claudia Hand Painted Yarns Fingering Weight, in the Walk in the Woods Color Way), which I had wound on my winder, started to get all tangly and unwound. So, after getting about an hour of sleep on my redeye flight home, I spent about 3 hours unravelling last night!
Needless to say, today I felt like treating myself right. So, first, when I got an email that the Socks that Rock Rockin'Sock Club was accepting new members, I signed up immediately! I've not yet used STR, but after reading how they sold out 800 skeins in a few hours at the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival, I felt like I better jump at this opportunity. I'll let you know how it goes!
Then, I went to one of my local yarn shops, Knit-a-Bit, and showed them the shrug I wanted to make with my Tess Yarns ribbon. They showed my another beautiful variegated ribbon to mix with mine and proposed a different shrug pattern. I may not have enough yarn (seems to be the story of my life lately), but I can always add a third yarn to make this shrug really interesting. Hope to have some accompanying photos up soon. While at the yarn shop, I did get the last skein of my yellow variegated baby yarn so I can finish the hood of my baby sweater.

No comments: