Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Socktoberfest!

I finally finished my Socks That Rock "Rock and Weave" socks. They came out very cute, and I've loved the STR Yarn. I was jealous looking at everyone's Rhinebeck pictures--I am DEFINITELY going next year!--and seeing the range of STR Colors that The Fold had on display.

This was the first pair of socks that I've felt the need to block. I may invest in sock blockers, like those made by Fiber Trends, but in the meantime I went the homemade route with a bendable hanger, as shown here. It's actually worked pretty well.

As these socks require buttons, I ordered some from Button Shoppe online and should have them soon. Pictures of the completed socks to come!

For my next skein of Socks that Rock, I tried the pattern that had come with the skein of the lightweight. The pattern is called "Hippy Crunchy," and I just wasn't liking it after the first few rows. There is a sssk part that was making me crazy! So I settled on Knitty's Hedera, which looks like it will compliment the yarn beautifully; this pattern has a lacy feel and the pattern is interesting without being frustrating. Will keep you posted on how they're coming along.

1 comment:

aija said...

Can't wait to see your button choice; I thought that pattern was so cool for that little detail! :)