Friday, June 01, 2007

Addicted to Ravelry



I am one of the lucky ones who was issued an early invitation to Ravelry, the new social networking-type site for knitters who want to share yarn and pattern ideas, photos and feedback with other knitters, including several of my favorite Podcasters! Jessica and Casey have done a fabulous job with this site, and I've already added several Ravelry "friends" with whom I've exchanged pattern advice. Just as I have been blown away by the ever-increasing number of knitting blogs, Podcasts and general online resources, so have I been impressed with the wonderful ways in which Ravelry is bringing our widely dispersed community together. I'm looking forward to the full-blown Ravelry after what seems to me like a very successful beta-testing period. I've been thrilled to be a part of it!

I am also about half way up the body of my BonBon Tank, and the yarn is behaving so much better after I started alternating skeins to prevent pooling. Looking at the photo, there is still some pooling, but the big blobs of pink are gone. I'm already contemplating my next project after this is done.

The Hederas for my Sockapalooza pal are also coming along, although I feel a bit behind schedule now that it's June and I'm still on the leg of Sock #1. I better spend more time working on those, and less on...Ravelry.

2 comments:

Riggwelter said...

Ah yes I've heard about the Ravelry thing, is it all up and going now or still in testing stage?

Stephanie said...

you asked me about Sugar 'n Cream for Notre Dame...it's not my favorite yarn, and it's not very soft; if I were wearing it I'd wear something under the pullover every time, but who knows, maybe it feels great to my mom. regardless, the little color changes look great with the pattern!I just got Ravelry too, it's kind of addicting :x