Tuesday, September 04, 2007

We Interrupt Our Regularly Scheduled Knitting...

...for some charity projects.

I have been enjoying my beautiful STR socks, Gatsby Girl pullover and Midwest Moonlight scarf. But was that enough for me? No...I had to work on some charity projects. I had done some scarves for the 2008 Red Scarf Project, and now is the time to send them, so I hope to package them up and get them out this week.
This weekend I took a bunch of leftover wool of various kinds and cast on the Canadian-Winter Hat from Sally Melville's The Purl Stitch. It was a fun and easy hat to make--I'd even make it for myself or my kids for winter. It is made from some toasty warm wools in earthy colors, and I hope that it goes to a worthy home for someone in Afghanistan.


I'm following links to lots of worthy charity opportunities; I hope to fit in more of this knitting whenever I can.

No comments: