Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Slow Progress, But Progress Nevertheless

Forgive me, as it's been several weeks since my last post. I have almost gotten back to where I was on the Woodsy Ribs vest before frogging, and it looks like it is going to be the right fit now. I'd rather have it be a bit on the narrow side, as I can always block the lovely Rowan Felted Tweed. I am enjoying this yarn, but as I've said before, a man's project, size 48 inch chest, is a BIG undertaking.

Something I've been enjoying very much is the Argosy scarf that I'm making for my ISE6 pal.
I had hesitated joining this swap this time around, but I'm so glad I did. I used some Hill Country Yarns Instant Gratification Superwash Sock Yarn, which is their heavier weight and something I probably wouldn't want to use for socks. It is a beautiful russet shade with just a bit of gradation in it for interest. The Argosy pattern is easy, fun, and addicting! Just two more rows, OK, two more...I will definitely finish this scarf before its deadline, which is great because it will need ample time for a good blocking.

In between these two projects I've continued working slowly on the ChildHood Baby Sweater, which is adorable. I am on the fronts, but am taking my time with this and will finish it up after the scarf is done. My socks, however, are on hold--it is hard to juggle four projects, so they will have to wait. Meanwhile, my sock yarn stash grows, with Rockin Sock Club installments continuing to come, and my first Scout's Swag Sock Club package due this month....uh-oh!

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

The scarf is really pretty - I have to try that pattern....