Saturday, March 24, 2012

Making Progress!

In the past week, I finished my second Leafling sock. With the 70-degree weather we've been having, I didn't think I'd get to wear them this season, but the forecast is for a bit cooler temperatures going in to next week, so I think I'll be OK. I am really pleased with the way these socks turned out and the way I mastered the interesting, Cat-Bordhi-inspired heel construction.
I immediately wound yarn for my next pair of socks--another skein from the 2008 Rockin Sock Club(!) I think just three more to go after this one! This is an absolutely gorgeous colorway, The Incredible Shrinking Violet, but I was a bit intimidated by the pattern that came with this yarn--it is about 12 pages long, for one thing, and while I am doing the Shades of Grey Knit, Swirl jacket, I want my alternative sock project to be easy and enjoyable. I also wanted to try another toe-up sock in preparation for the class I will be taking with Brenda Dayne at the Lion Brand Yarn Studio in May (yay!!) So, I chose the Trilobite pattern from Wendy Johnson's Socks from the Toe up. I hope to cast on later today using Judy's Magic Cast-On.
The socks and the Knit, Swirl should keep me busy for awhile--hopefully another report to come soon!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

nice socks!
how fun to get to take a class with the renowned brenda dayne! cool!
cant wait to see your sweater