Friday, January 05, 2007

Pretty in Pink

I am posting my first post in the New Blogger. I had tried to switch to a new template too, but it just got too complicated, so thankfully, I was able to switch back. I like to be very current on my technology, but having just upgraded two computers to Internet Explorer 7 and overcome a few glitches there, replaced a screen on our family laptop, and solved other tekkie issues, I decided the old blog template would just have to do.

My 70's Pink Jacket, which is from a two-year-old Knit It! Magazine (pattern designed by Norah Gaughan, of Knitting Nature fame) is moving along quite well--I finished the large, major piece (which is the back and two fronts, all together in one piece) and have also finished the first sleeve. I should finish the second sleeve soon!
Here are some pics:



Now that I can see the end in sight with this project, and also because it's now fairly mindless stockinette, I am working on it exclusively, ignoring my gorgeous STR Socks (the "Titania's Revenge" pattern with the yarn of the same name). I think I am anxious to get on to one of my Stitches East stash items!

I have also made some additions to my knitting library lately:

One-Skein Wonders, by Judith Durant, which I was not as excited about once I looked through it, but upon a second look-through, have actually marked several projects that I'd like to make. Also, The Purl Stitch, by Sally Melville, so that I now have all three books in Sally's "Knitting Experience" series. I am hoping to make the Raglan Body Hugger from this book with my Brooks Farm Duet yarn, but am not certain that I'll have the right yardage...I may take a chance.

No comments: