I finished my son's University of Michigan Socks; they were a fun, quick knit and I loved the Cherry Tree Hill Supersock. I may use the rest of it, along with other remaining sock yarn, to cast on a Chevron Scarf that can just be an ongoing project as I feel like knitting a few rows. We'll see.
Now, on to Lizzy. I have learned so much in the past few weeks, communicating with Ravelry friends and learning about modifications they've made to this pattern. Something still tells me that I might not like a ruffle-edged jacket in this "rough" type of yarn, but people who've made this pattern love it in Silk Garden, and it is working up to be very pretty in my muted colorway of greys, wines, purples and some olive. The modifications I've added are a hem and waist shaping. So far, I THINK it will fit well, but I'm not even up to the armhole on the back so it's still hard to tell. I do feel that I'm at the experience level of being able to modify patterns, and now I think I'll think about that routinely with sweaters. I guess I'll see how this one comes out first. There is a nice section on pattern modifications in Stitch 'n Bitch Nation, which I recently took out of the library. I'll read that with interest and keep learning.