Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Steady Progress

Lizzy is progressing nicely--I'm done with the back, and after all of my angst about how this would fit, I THINK it will fit just right. I have continued to read about making garments my own and adjusting patterns, and I've really enjoyed getting to this level.

My husband,for whom I just started the beautiful Hedgerow Socks with a skein of Sundara Lenten Rose Sock Yarn (from last year's Petals Collection; this yarn is no longer available, Sundara tells me), has asked for a V-neck vest! Now that I have received Ann Budd's Handy Book of Patterns, I was able to estimate yardage with DK-weight yarn (he wants something that is not too thick)and will adapt the Woodsy Ribs pattern from the Winter 2004 issue of Knitter's Magazine that called for worsted-weight yarn. With a couple of LYS's holding Super Bowl sales, I should be able to get him some yarn soon. When he shows enthusiasm for a knitted garment, I'm running with it!

No comments: