Sunday, July 06, 2008

Shawl Time


As summer moves more quickly than I'd like (as it always does), I have found more time for knitting. I zipped through the Clementine Shawlette in about 3 weeks. This was a fun, easy project and it looks really fantastic in my mix of Tilli Tomas Rock Star and Tilli's Pure & Simple. The rattan color coupled with the golden beads gives this a really dressy, pretty look. I was holding my breath that I'd have enough yarn, even though my Ravelry friends had assured me I would. And I did. just a tiny bit of Pure & Simple and NO Rock Star left, so it's perfect. You wouldn't want to have a lot of this pricey yarn left over. I am looking forward to wearing this Shawlette for a nice summer evening out
I finished the grafting of the shawlette during a very long drive back from a weekend at the Beach for 4th of July. I then worked on my Saucy Socks for awhile, and got back in the groove on those. I should be up to the heel on Sock #1 very soon. I will continue to use these as my "second of two" projects, but at least I have my sock mojo back.
Tonight when I got home I cast on for the Muse Wrap, from the Sublime Yarn "Very Gorgeous Sublime Kid Mohair Book." I bought this yarn a year ago at the Wooly Monmouth in Red Bank, NJ, also on a trip home from the beach. It is a yummy pale green and I fell in love with the wrap, which was featured in the store's window. I'm not sure how I'm going to like knitting with the Kid Mohair--it is a bit slippery, and this pattern has it knit on large needles, but I think the finished product will be lovely, and perfect for my chilly, air-conditioned office.
All of this productivity feels good--I had hoped to stop in a yarn shop on a trip to the Berkshires that we took at the beginning of the weekend. My goal there was to buy yarn to make the Printed Silk Cardigan from Interweave, but it will be nicer to stock up for that long-term project once I whittle down my stash a bit.
Happy Summer Knitting!

No comments: