Thursday, February 24, 2011

Churning Out the FO's!



As part of my break after completing the Argyle Vest, I finished the Vanessa Headband. I really love how it looks on and off my head! This particular color (Swan Lake) of the Misti Alpaca Handpaint Chunky is cool, soothing and gorgeous, but it sheds quite a bit, and I ended up knitting this project with a pillowcase on my lap. But the shedding may ease with time. Now that the weather is warming up a bit, I hope I still have a chance to wear this at least once this season!
The headband was easy and fun to make, and I think I really have the cabling without a cable needle down. I started out using Grumperina's method, but ended up using the method detailed in Stitch 'N Bitch Superstar Knitting, a book I am really enjoying. I am also working on a Cables Dishcloth now, so I can continue to practice this method. Cable needles, be gone!
Now it's back to my On Hold socks, and my usual process of knitting one sock monogamously, then doing a bigger project (probably a tank with my latest Tess Microfiber Ribbon), then sock #2. These will incorporate beads, and I've been playing around with where to place them. More fun ahead!

No comments: