Saturday, February 05, 2011

I'm a Cowl Girl!

With the cold, snowy, blustery weather we've been having for the past month and a half, I've wanted nothing more than warm, toasty and cuddly knitwear. Having bought the Misti Alpaca Hand Paint Chunky yarn at Vogue Knitting LIVE, I promptly knit the Loop of Luxury from CowlGirls. I finished it last night and wore it to the Super Bowl Sale at Down Cellar, my new favorite LYS. I've been there before, but never to their new location and I must say, the women that run the shop are warm, personable, fun, and eager to help--qualities that are not always found at Local Yarn Shops. I got lots of compliments on my cowl as I browsed the shop, and since I have a half skein of the luxe Misti Alpaca left over, I decided to buy another skein to make coordinating mitts. The cowl's colors look perfect with my winter ski jacket and the yarn feels so luscious that I want it on my hands as well as around my neck! They were out of the Falstaff colorway, so I bought a beautiful coordinating icy blue called Swan Lake. Combining this with the Falstaff, I'll be able to make the mitts and most likely at least a headband too.
I also bought 3 skeins of Malabrigo Chunky at Down Cellar, in the beautiful Velvet Grapes colorway, to make the Gap-tastic Cowl that is going viral! I was in NYC last weekend and noticed that these loopy cowls, or infinity scarves, are everywhere. I hope they are still everywhere next winter, as my queue is so full of cowls now that I will certainly be making them--and hopefully wearing them--for years to come.
Still making good progress on my son's argyle vest too--the front is done, other than a few duplicate stitch lines, and the solid back is moving along at great speed. It will be good mindless knitting for tomorrow's big event--THE SUPER BOWL--GO, STEELERS!!!

No comments: