Friday, June 02, 2006

Blog Overload?

Have you ever felt like there is just too much knitting information out there?
In the past week, I have added several new blogs to my blogroll, subscribed to a couple of new knitting podcasts, entered several Website contests having to do with knitting, read through the summer issues of Knitter's and Interweave Knits magazines, and have contemplated joining several knit-a-longs. I've also been trying to fit in actual knitting in between all of these activities!
I know we are very fortunate to have all of these resources at our disposal. I think I just need to balance time to read and listen to all of these wonderful bits of information, with time to actually knit...and live the rest of my life: work, family, etc!
When I have been knitting, I've been enthusiastically making progress on my second Embossed Leaves sock (see below), as well as my Einstein Coat, which is definitely reaching the point where it cannot leave the house--it's getting very bulky! But I can't wait until it is finished and I can wear it. I am already anticipating treating myself to a trip to New York to visit Tender Buttons, my very favorite button shop where I have not been for years, to dress up this project when it is finished.

No comments: