Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Knitting in Public

Although I wasn't able to knit in public on the official knit in public day (unless knitting in the car with my family counts), I have done it a couple of times since. Last night, at my daughter's softball game, I worked on the scarf I'm making for my One Skein Secret Pal. This is also my World Cup Project so wow...I accomplished three things at once with that knitting!
Today I had some meetings in NYC and then ducked into one of my favorite Manhattan Yarn Shops, The Yarn Connection. I took my two balls of sock yarn that I feared would fall short for my Maple Leaf Socks, and picked up a great shade of orange Debbie Bliss Merino DK that will be wonderful for the heels, toes, and possibly the leaves themselves.
So then I had to work on my Embossed Leaves socks, which are progressing nicely, on the train ride home. Did this while listening to one of my favorite knitting podcasts, Knitty D and the City. It was heaven!
As for knitting in public, the softball coach thought it looked relaxing and no one on the train gave me a second glance.

No comments: