Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Maple Leaf Socks: Try, Try Again


As I've shown here previously, my first attempt at the Maple Leaf Socks, from the Maple Leaf Sock Knit-along, was using a Fortissima Socka self-striping yarn. It didn't help that I didn't really understand how to make the leaves in the pattern, until I read all of the wonderful posts from other KAL members about pulling loops through with a crochet hook, kind of like bunny ears, which suddenly made it all clear to me!

I made the decision that I didn't like the way I was doing the socks, AND I didn't like the yarn. So....I ripped that sock, used the yarn to make the hat described in my last post, and then, I bought Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in the "Gold Hill"
colorway, which is so perfect for these autumn leaves. This is my
first experience with Lorna's Laces and I absolutely LOVE how my
socks are coming out now.
These KALs really help as support groups to figure out these patterns. So of course, I've signed up for the related one, Pretty Petals.

1 comment:

Charity said...

The sock is looking great so far - what a beautiful colourway.