Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Thanks, Secret Pal!



I returned from a 4th of July Weekend--which allowed me to gloriously knit at the beach for 4 days!--to find a lovely package from my One Skein Secret Pal. One gorgeous skein of Colinette Point 5 in the Venezia colorway, all dark blues, greens and purples--GORGEOUS!--as well as a skein of Patons Glittallic in pink sparkle. I had fun last night figuring out what to make from each of these skeins. I might try for the Spiral Rib Bag in One Skein, but I'm not sure if either skein has enough yardage. There are some fun yarns that I have in my leftovers bag that might work for mixing with the Glittallic, but I'm thinking now that the Colinette Point 5 might become either a little envelope clutch or a pair of wristwarmers. It will be fun to think about in weeks to come!
I finished my own One Skein project for my secret pal...more on that in a future post, as well as my ambivalence about my Maple Leaf Socks, which may end up going to charity.

1 comment:

Charity said...

Great yarn! I especially like the Colinette.