Saturday, February 10, 2007

A New Project

I have gone through a bit of agony with my Brooks Farm Duet. The yarn is gorgeous, soft and wonderful. I had originally bought it to make Clapotis, as I've been discussing. Then I settled on the Panel Party Pullover from Sally Melville's "Color." I wound this yarn and the Cashsoft DK I'd bought to match it onto bobbins. The whole thing became a horrible, tangled mess and I decided that I could not bear to go on!

I looked through a bunch of magazines and pattern books, seeking that elusive sweater that uses less than 1,000 yards of DK weight yarn. I found the One Piece Lace Pullover by Robin Melanson from the Spring 2006 Interweave Knits. It is actually a drop-stitch pattern somewhat like the Clapotis, so I feel that this is the right pattern for me. I did a gauge swatch and off I went. This pattern may be a bit tricky as you have to keep adding into a lace pattern, but so far it seems to be working. I think it will look beautiful if I manage to do it right, and hopefully I will have a beautiful finished sweater to show you soon!

No comments: