Friday, February 23, 2007

Sidetracked

I have been knitting this week, as always, but my pace has not been that quick and I have not made a great deal of progress on any of the three projects on which I'm working.

First, my Palm handheld has been on the blink, and I've spent way too much time trying to troubleshoot it. Right now I am waiting for Palm to send me some sort of add-on card that will eliminate electrostatic charge...if that doesn't work, I'm throwing in the towel and buying a new one. I have alleviated the angst I was feeling by copying my Palm address book into a Word document so that at least I'll have a hard copy of it if everything fails me.

Along with that, I have felt completely the same way that Jenny and Nicole of Stash and Burn, my new favorite knitting Podcast, have felt--I have been spending a lot of time daydreaming about knitting when I could have been knitting! I have been reading various knitting books, including Tracey Ullman and Mel Clark's Knit Two Together, and coveting a lot of the unique and fun patterns there.

Then, I listened to another new favorite Podcast (with a COMPLETELY different feeling than Stash and Burn), Unwound, hosted by Kelli, who talked about the fairisle sweater she is making for her dog, and how addicting fairisle is. After my recent failed attempt at intarsia, I now really want to try fairisle, so I've been leafing through books, Websites, signing up for Yahoo groups--you name it. I've decided that the KISS Purse from Sally Melville's The Knitting Experience: Color would be great, and I already have two skeins of Noro Kureyon which represents 2/3 of the yarn called for in the pattern. But alas, my WIP's await...and the fairisle will have to wait too.

No comments: