Sunday, September 22, 2013

Energized

I LOVE the new Fall Issue of Vogue Knitting! I have been subscribing to the magazine for many years--and actually made my "masterpiece" intarsia tunic from Vogue Knitting more than 20 years ago, before my daughter was born. I usually like one or two patterns enough to put them in my Ravelry queue, but this issue is just filled with sweaters I LOVE.

Among my favorites:

  • Yoko Hatta's cabled, hooded short-sleeve sweater, and her Aran pullover with slit sides
  • Inge Spungen's hound's-tooth cape (a real departure for me, but I actually think I would wear this!)
  • Sanae Gunji's Design-Contest-Award-Winning asymmetrical sweater
  • Margeau Soboti's top with slimming side shaping
  • And my two favorite favorites: Laura Zukaite's intarsia turtleneck, and the cover sweater, Deborah Newton's cable sweater with strips threaded through the cables

Image

 

I woke up this morning and finished reading the issue, eager to finish what's on my needles so I can start one of these projects, preferably using some of my out-of-hand stash.

The creativity that abounds in this issue put me in a great mood and energized me as I left the house to run in my town's annual 5K Race. Both my husband and I noticed our finish times have decreased considerably since we started running this race more than 15 years ago. But we love it for so many reasons--it is a great community event, it benefits a charity (this year, Wounded Warriors), and being in a race motivates me to run faster and harder than I do on my daily jogs. I am still feeling a heightened level of energy hours later. I'll have to do more racing.

 

No comments: