Saturday, September 21, 2013

Out with the Old, In with the New

This week has brought several decision points regarding getting rid of old things and trying new ones.

Out:

  • Our 1997 Buick, a hand-me-down from my mom which has been our teenagers' car for the past 3 years, has some issues, including a horn that goes off at odd hours of the day and night. The price to fix the car really puts us over the tipping point of keeping it vs. getting rid of it, particularly since the kids are away at college now and the car isn't being used very much. It will be sad to see the Buick go, but it's time.
  • Our block got together and changed garbage removal services; we negotiated a junk pickup that is happening as we speak. Last night, my husband and I put out piles of old (and not in condition to be donated) toys, muddy soccer shoes, and other items that have been clogging up our basement. As we prepare to refresh this room after a recent flood, it will be nice to have more space to work with. It's also time to make this room into a young adult hangout rather than a playroom.

In:

  • I downloaded ios7 for my iPhone. LOVE IT! It's like getting a new adult toy, and I'm finding it faster, more efficient, and very easy to use. Bravo to Apple for giving me this refresh without my having to buy a new phone!
  • We had a landscaper over this morning to recommend a plan for some new trees and shrubs that will really spruce up the look of our home.

Change can be hard and sometimes fraught with emotion, but in the end, let's hope it's all for the best.

Happy knitting and crafting to all this week.

No comments: