Monday, September 23, 2013

Stress Relief

As I worked on last-minute details (and crises) for an event that I'm responsible for tomorrow, I felt my stress level begin to rise. One of my coworkers even told me to "take a Xanax." I've been planning this event for almost a year. I've attracted 15 corporate sponsors, invited 20 prestigious speakers from the healthcare community, worked with the speakers on their presentations, and helped to market the event so that an audience of 200 people should be in their seats tomorrow.

I guess it's not surprising that I'm nervous...I really want this project that I've nurtured from the idea stage to be a success.

So...I came home tonight and, after rehearsing my introductions for tomorrow, I  knit. The most Zen project that I have going right now is the Splendid Striped Cowl, which I'm knitting as the final accessory for myself for my visit to my kids at the University of Michigan next month. I'm knitting it, of course, in the school colors of maize and blue. The two-row striped pattern is perfect for a moment like this.

Image

Hopefully tomorrow night I'll be able to knit more and stress less!

No comments: