Thursday, September 26, 2013

Parenthood

One of my favorite TV shows is back! This makes me smile for several reasons:

  • I can relate to the characters on the show, both the four Braverman siblings and their teenage children
  • I like the Bay area setting, as we have lots of family in the area and I think the show's creators do a great job of creating the atmosphere of the East Bay
  • I think it's cool that the show is back partially due to social media pressure by fans. It's great to see that grassroots efforts can make a difference, and that we now have the tools to do that.
  • Most importantly, when I watch a show like Parenthood, I stop working (briefly) and knit. I'll get a good hour of knitting in tonight, and every Thursday moving forward. I'm planning on continuing work on my Estelle Pullover for my daughter. She'll be home for fall break in two weeks (YAY!) and it should be at a perfect point to try it on her then. Maybe it will even be finished and ready to give to her by Thanksgiving.

No comments: